Composing An Outstanding Dissertation Proposal In Five Steps
In this article there will be five different steps to composing an outstanding dissertation proposal. Right from the start you must understand certain aspects. Understand that you will be dealing with a large number of people. These people will affect the way your paper is graded. The paper is a big deal. There will be times when you will need assistance on certain areas. Being a shy student is not an option. Taking the time to foresee any obstacles that may arise will make you better prepared. Use these suggestions to help write a great paper.
- To begin with, make yourself battle ready. You have to know your opposition (proposal) and all that it will take to conquer this feat. This is a serious task you are taking on. Knowing what is expected of you through this will help not letting it get away from you. There is a phrase I heard I find motivating at important times in my life. It says, “Chance favors the prepared mind”. Do not let there be any big surprises. There is enough to worry about to add to the list.
- Research- Be absolutely sure that the topic you choose is the right one. Make a list of all your possibilities and completely read through them all. Remember how much is riding on this topic. You must live with your pick after you have spent a certain amount of time on it. This should not be such a big ordeal. You will have several people that will be at your disposal to give any help and advice you need.
- Presentation- This is the make or break part of your assignment. This is not “show and tell” at a third grade classroom. It is unthinkable to spend all that time learning and writing about this topic to ruin it by the way it is presented. Keep a smile on your face. People can sense if the presenter is confident. Practice the way you will talk and move. Do not forget the audience is a well- educated and informed group of people. The committee are experienced in this area. You will not fool anyone, know your information and present it that way.
- Appearance- Add up the amount of time you have invested up to the point of getting in front of the audience. This time will never be spent on any other issue in your life. When you get in front of all those people you will want to look your best. Take a little more time to make sure that you are dressed for the part. When you look good you feel good.
- Attitude-remember, by now you will know the information inside and out. It will work to your advantage to act like you know it. The presentation is not news to the committee and audience. They will sense if you are afraid of presenting your information. Be confident. You have to be rested and carry a smile on your face. Have fun with it. The people involved will have fun too.
Your dissertation proposal is all about the knowledge and the presentation. Stay confident that you know your material and present yourself in a confident way and you will be successful.